Sunday, August 12, 2007

It's Hot in Topeka

Well, for all I know Topeka is having a cold snap, but it's so hot in my kitchen that I'm not entirely capable of forming sentences of my own. I'm reduced to making references to Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. (Side note--I got my hair cut at the end of May. I've been getting loads of compliments on it. I think I look like Mac. He's the little boy in the red shirt. If I am brave and my heart is pure, it'll grow out in time for the wedding.)

So it's really hot in the kitchen because I tried to get back into my Sunday routine of cooking a lot of food that I could then take to work for lunch. I used to do this all the time, so that I'd have a freezer full of choices for low cal lunches. So I made dinner, plus a pot of soup and I was on my feet for 2.5 hours and that doesn't even include the time I spent food shopping.

Anyway, brain tired. Or brain hot and not capable of thinking. One of those things.

But I have a couple of Finished Objects!



The little square on the left is a Small Comfort blanket that I made for my future niece. She's starting pre-school and her mom (my future sister-in-law) asked for a little square that the little-un could fit into her backpack instead of having to drag along her big blankie (or worse, go cold turkey). It's 6" square stockinette stitch with a garter stitch border made with leftovers from the sweater I knit the little-un for last Christmas. I think it's a very clever idea and I'm considering knitting myself a Small Comfort to keep in my pocket for times of stress. Never underestimate the power of the yarn love.

On the right is a Ballband Dishcloth that I whipped up to include in the package. They're so addictive that I started another one right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!