Monday, September 17, 2007

Really?




You're A Prayer for Owen Meany!

by John Irving

Despite humble and perhaps literally small beginnings, you inspire
faith in almost everyone you know. You are an agent of higher powers, and you manifest
this fact in mysterious and loud ways. A sense of destiny pervades your every waking
moment, and you prepare with great detail for destiny fulfilled. When you speak, IT
SOUNDS LIKE THIS!



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



I even own this book. It's on the bookshelf right where I can see it when I'm ironing. I read it in college, possibly even while I was spending a semester in Paris. That means I read it, oh dear god, 17 years ago and I still remember quite a bit of it. Great book, though I've never gotten around to reading any other John Irving books.

So, I'm an agent of higher powers. When do I get to start doing some smiting?

Speaking of smiting, we have a leak in the kitchen that seems dishwasher-related. My parents also have a leak in the kitchen which may or may not be dishwasher-related. My brother and his fiance have a leaky water bed that is cat-related. Clearly, we have ticked off someone and water is being visited upon us. Unlike the others, though, HA and I rent, so tomorrow we will be visited upon by the building super, who will make it all go away.

3 comments:

  1. I'm The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that book! I read it in college, too--it had been left by a previous exchange student in the house I lived in while studying in Switzerland.

    I took the quiz and ended up with The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galazy, another terrific book (but a mind-numbingly awful film in 2005).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that book! That is the first book that I ever read that made me cry. It's so good...hmmm, might have to pick that up again soon.

    ReplyDelete

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!