Thursday, October 4, 2007

Saved by William Shatner


I don't think anyone will be shocked to hear that I've been a bit stressed lately. But I quadruple dare anyone to listen to William Shatner's album Has Been without cheering up. You don't even need the whole album--just listen to "Common People".

We're DJing the wedding ourselves via mix CDs (no iPod hookup at the restaurant) and Common People is in there. We were listening to the mix the other night to test it out and when that song came on, I found myself completely unable to continue doing dishes. The power of the Shatner compelled me to turn off the water, dry my hands, and dance/flail around the kitchen until I was out of breath.

We're going to have to follow that one up with a slow song so people don't pass out.

In knitting news, I finished the Left Fetching last night even though the temperature had started rising again because I'm just weird like that. I started the Right one as well and we'll see if I feel like working on it in the next few days.

The problem with small projects (or anything with cables) is that you have to pay attention. And my brains cells are a bit occupied at the moment. With a sweater, I only need to keep track of the next increase or decrease row. I can ktog and ssk without thinking about it now. I guess cabling will get that way with practice.

And speaking of sweaters, I finished the first sleeve of Slanted Neck Pullover on Monday night. I was super-impressed with myself after modifying the sleeve cap shaping on the fly to compensate for my row gauge. Hopefully, I'll still be impressed with it when the whole thing is finished.

Green Tea Raglan has not managed to seam itself. Maybe it would help if I put all the pieces in the same room.

In blog reading news, I managed to read all my unread bloglines and now I have less than 20 new posts to read. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed and edgy having so many unread. And now I'm feeling edgy because I'm afraid I'll run out of blog posts to read. I really hope to regain my sanity after the wedding.

1 comment:

  1. I love Has Been! Have you heard his first album, The Transformed Man? It's quite a trip.

    I think Shatner is awesome. He has such a great sense of humor about himself!

    ReplyDelete

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!