Sunday, December 9, 2007

Ta-Dah!

FInished Objects! You want Finished Objects, we got 'em right here.

First up, remember this big ball of Calamari Yarn as big as my head?
MeAndCalamari

Please ignore the mess behind me in that picture. It's all done with mirrors anyway--that room is perfectly clean and uncluttered and the picture was taken months ago anyway.

Well, now about half of it is this:
IMG_0591

I put it on the floor in front of the kitchen sink so I can stand on it while doing dishes (with a non-slip pad underneath). It is as cushy as expected. And, um, yeah, I probably should've swept the floor before taking the picture, but I was just too excited about my nifty, new mat. Besides, I totally swept that floor some time this week, so it has no business being messy anyway.

Since we got back from Paris, I've been compulsively knitting Ballband Dishcloths and Chevron Hand Towels.
IMG_0570

More complicated knitting has also been afoot, but when I can deal with anything at all, I can rely on my cones of Peaches and Cream. A few are staying with me and some will undoubtedly be added into Christmas gifts.

The Friday after Thanksgiving, HA and I put up our Christmas tree. I am morally opposed to putting up a tree in November, but we weren't sure when we'd be able to do it during December, so we started taking things out and the next thing we knew, there was a tree with lights and ornaments and everything. No pictures of that, since it's a fake tree with baubles on it and a thing on top and since it's not in your house, you can't possibly be expected to care about the specifics.

But I will show you the first casualty of the year.
IMG_0579
It's from a set we received as a wedding gift from a college friend of mine. Brilliant gift! We had not yet shacked up last December, so we still had His ornaments and My ornaments and His and Hers tree toppers as well. It was nice enough that we had a set of ornaments that was Ours, but we discovered that packaged in the middle was a tree topper as well. We may let the different tree toppers take turns in future years, but this year, we're using Ours.

Yes, we did turn on the lights, stand back, HA's arm around me like Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia at the end of The Empire Strikes Back, and admired our tree.

How freaking Norman Rockwell is that?

2 comments:

  1. You are totally Norman Rockwell. You have been busy. I love the rug...I always have a mat in front of my sink but never one as soft and cushy as that one.

    Great photos...no slow down, you're making the rest of us look bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the kitchen mat too. It looks crocheted-how did you make it?

    I always feel the same way about cleaning the floor. I'm like, "I vacuumed you last week. It's not my fault the cat went and tracked her litter all over you!"

    ReplyDelete

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!