Thursday, January 10, 2008

Poke, Poke

I was all ready to dive into a rant about the NYC Transit Authority is out to get me, but I just don't have the energy at the moment. Since I will be attempting to haul my ass to work ON TIME without the benefit of a motherfunking express train for 5 motherfunking weeks, you will be getting all the wailing and gnashing of teeth in five part harmony at some point.

In the meantime, here's a useful site:
VotePoke

You enter your info and they'll let you know if you're registered to vote. Very useful if, say, just to pull an example out of the air, you moved and although your husband was magically re-registered under the new address with no intervention of his own, but you're still registered to vote in your old neighborhood.

Just f'rinstance.

If you're not registered to vote (are are registered under an old name or address), this site lets fill out the registration form online and you just have to print and mail it.

If you live in New York State and want to vote in the primary, you have to register by Friday, January 11. I'm hoping that means it has to be postmarked by that date, or I'm going to have to shlep to my old hood to vote. On the bright side, if it comes to that, I can swing by my old supermarket and pick up some of the things that I can't find at my new supermarket (same chain, different owner). For a while there, I was making HA do all the food shopping because I couldn't stand the disappointment.

Yeah, so anyway, make sure you can vote. And then make sure that you vote. Of course, I'd prefer that you vote for whoever I end up supporting, but one of my many pet peeves is people who don't vote at all. So, you get on that now.

1 comment:

  1. Great link! A friend wasn't sure if she was registered in her new neighborhood so I forwarded it to her. :)

    ReplyDelete

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!