Monday, January 21, 2008

Random Pop Culture Stuff

I realize that running a contest doesn't absolve me of writing blog posts. Since I'm still fighting off a sinus infection, I act on this realization by feeling guilty about not posting instead of actually posting.

The plan was to get a lot of cleaning done this weekend. The reason I haven't been doing WIP posts is the lack of uncluttered surface on which to place things to photograph. But first I was stuck on the couch and today His Awesomeness seems to have caught whatever it is. (We both had MLK Jr. Day off and marked the day by hanging out and doing the cute newlywed thing.)

So no cleaning, but lots of watching DVDs and getting caught up on the DVR.



If you haven't seen Flight of the Conchords yet, do yourself a favor and check it out. There are not enough ways to describe how hilarious these 2 guys are. The songs are dangerously infectious. It's not possible to have a bad day when you keep singing, "You're so beautiful, you could be a part-time model" in your head.



I finally got around to watching Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny. I'd heard that the first 15 minutes of the movie are so great that it makes having to sit through the rest of the film worth it. This is a correct statement. If they had managed to keep up that level of madness for the whole film, it would've been a classic. But those first 15 minutes are so good that I made HA sit through them.



While I'm on the subject of things worth checking out, I can't say enough good things about Once. It's a sweet, warm film with wonderful music.

There's still plenty of time to join the contest. I'm really appreciating all the comments and suggestions. I'll be acting on some of them in the next couple of weeks. Details soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray Flight of the Conchords!! We love that show. :)

    ReplyDelete

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!