Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Do NOT Try This At Home

So, His Awesomeness and I are big honking geeks. We like it that way. Last summer, we decided that it would be cool to watch all 6 Star Wars films in order. 1-6 Phantom Menace through Return of the Jedi. That way the whole thing has a happy ending.

Of course we couldn't just watch them over the course of several nights. Oh no. That would've been reasonable. We decided that we needed to do it all in one day and invite people over and have a party. What with that whole wedding thing in November, it wasn't practical to do it right away. This past Saturday, we did it.

We started at 10 AM by ourselves (the one completist who was going to join us had a death in the family) and continued on until almost midnight. I documented the entire thing live blog style. I didn't actually live blog because I didn't think anyone would actually care that much. I'd just start posting it the following day.

Um, yeah. That was before I knew what 14 hours of Star Wars would do to me. I developed a headache at some point and the next day, I was completely exhausted. I was so worn out from spending the day on the couch watching TV that the only thing I could do was watch TV.

My notes run 11 pages, so I'll be posting them one film at a time. Brace yourself.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, talk about a marathon session! The next time try watching the Star Wars movies while listening to the accompanying RiffTrax. It actually makes Attack of the Clones tolerable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my freaking yoda. They did RiffTrax for Star Wars?! I feel such joy just knowing that. As soon as I've recovered, I'll get right on that. One at a time, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. No. No. no....we missed it didn't we? On Saturday I asked Marty "Wasn't there something we had planned today?"

    Damn it. I'm sorry doll!

    ReplyDelete

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!