Sunday, February 3, 2008

Gee Thanks, Harlot

Last week, the Yarn Harlot posted a link to a ridiculously addictive game called Flight of the Hamsters. Mayhap everyone's favorite enabler has gone a mite too far this time.

It's my own fault, really. I should've known better than to try it. I have an addictive personality. In college, I briefly considered founding Tetris-players Anonymous.

Every time I sit down to write, I play a couple of games to help myself focus. Yes, that's it, focus. But then I need a few more games because I'm not happy with my score. This is why I don't own a game console.

Knitting is addictive, but at least I'm making something. But this? I may need to cut myself off. Having a lower high score than the Harlot is no reason to keep wasting time. (At last report, she was up to 633. I'm up to 470.)

What I really want to know is: has anyone else managed to launch themselves into outer space? Or is that just me?

3 comments:

  1. The worst thing about the hamster game -- for me anyway -- is that it's addictive even though I'm terrible at it.

    Thanks for the tip, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the hamster game yet but I remember being addicted to Dr. Mario in high school. I try to stay away from the video games 'cause I also feel that I'm wasting time esp. since I can't do it in moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate you. 315. And yes, he went into space after I got the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!