Sunday, March 16, 2008

Seance on a Wet Afternoon

HA recorded this movie on the DVR and I watched it with him because apparently at some point I said I wanted to.

I was not disappointed. In fact, I kept talking over the film to tell him how wonderful it was. Which he already knew because he was watching it too.

It was impossible to watch this film without wondering why films like it aren't made anymore. (It was released in 1964.) Quick synopsis: a psychic has her husband kidnap a child so she can become rich and famous after leading the police to the missing kid. Not only is this plan as crazy as it sounds, but five minutes into the film, you start to suspect that she might be not entirely sane.

Kim Stanley gets lots of credit for making this such a great film, but Richard Attenborough (aka the old guy in Jurassic Park and the guy in charge of escaping in The Great Escape) was heartbreakingly awesome. I thought he was kinda cute in Great Escape, but I completely fell in love with him. Possibly in part because when I lose my mind, I suspect that HA will behave just like Attenborough's character.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!