Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Harlot Comes to Town

The Yarn Harlot did a talk/signing at Borders in Columbus Circle, so I went.

Did I bring a camera? Didn't even think of it. Bad blogger.

But I did take a couple of shots with my cell phone when she started (the first 60 seconds she was up there, the camera flashes were going like crazy--the woman is a rock star).



I suspected that the first picture might've come out blurry because it was so hard to hold the phone steady so I took another.



Um, yeah, you'll just have to trust me that it was her.

I got to the right part of the store just as she was being led to the stage. I made my way around to the side and sat in the aisles of the kid's section. I was sitting next to a couple where it was clear that the boyfriend didn't care to listen. It was nice that he came to keep her company (because I guess the dozens of knitters weren't company enough), but she tried explaining things to him at a few points. She turned around to tell him that "Joe" was the Harlot's husband and the guy was reading a book. He wasn't even listening to the talk any more.

Do I drag HA along to knitting events? No, reader, I do not. Do you know why? Because he doesn't want to and I love him. Does he drag me to Dr. Who conventions? Well, technically, it wasn't dragging because I agreed to the trip and had a good time. But still! You get my point.

Everyone around me was sitting on the floor and knitting. Did I think to bring my knitting? No, I did not. Bad knitter! But I totally kept eyeing other people's projects. I need to do some knitting of my own now since I'm suffering from knitter's envy.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea that the Yarn Harlot was in town! I'm out of the loop.
    I know that when I started knitting, I would go to yarn "events" all by myself and hated feeling isolated.
    I think my current boyfriend would accompany me for moral support, but he'd also probably read a book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a good time. Don't beat yourself up about forgetting your camera and knitting. At least this way you could focus more on the talk!

    ReplyDelete

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!