Wednesday, May 21, 2008

POSH

I went to the POSH Sale at the Lighthouse for the Blind last week. It's an annual charity sale with used clothes donated by rich bitches from the Upper East Side. I suspect that if I tried to donate some of my old clothes, they wouldn't make the cut.

It's $10 to get in for one day and a lot of the stuff is too expensive anyway. But I've gotten a few things in the past--some nice tops, etc. This year, I stuck out on the clothes, but once again I scored big in the purse section. I have a small collection of vintage purses now, mostly bought at this sale, that I hardly ever use. I usually stick with one purse that weighs a ton, but I'm going to try to start using some of my nifty ones on the weekends.

IMG_0775

When I saw it, I had to have it. Notice the tag:
IMG_0776

As is? As is, it's fabulous.

Check out the lining:
IMG_0777

And the surprise inside:
IMG_0778

The little mini bag has that old plastic feel to it, so I might not be able to put anything into it without risking damage. We'll see. I'm going to 2 weddings this summer and I'm hoping to bring it to at least one.

I've also decided to start displaying my handbag collection, possibly on a shelf in the bedroom.

What fabulous, but mostly useless items to you collect?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!