Saturday, September 6, 2008

You Have GOT to Be Kidding Me

I'm a big fan of Cass at Shut Up, I'm Counting. Hers is one of the blogs where I read the post right away when it shows up on my Bloglines because it's always so enjoyable. In her latest post, she says that The Knitting Curmudgeon has accused her of stealing the name of her blog from the tagline of the Curmudgeon's blog.

Get that? The Curmudgeon says that Cass took the name of her blog from the words under the name of Curmedgeon's blog. She seems to think that she has the right to copyright the phrase "Shut up, I'm counting". According to one of the comments on KC's blog, you can't do that. She was very nasty about the whole thing and it's ludicrous to think that you could stop someone else from using a phrase that's commonly used. I have to wonder if she's going to send me a case and desist order for saying that sentence to my husband on a regular basis.

Honestly!

So I'd like to encourage you to go visit Cass's blog, Shut Up, I'm Counting because it is always funny and a good read. If you agree that the Knitting Curmudgeon needs to grow up and back off, please feel free to visit her and tell her so. Cass's post says that she plans on changing the name of her blog, but all the comments discourage her from doing so because the KC has no right. I've visited the KC once or twice in the past when someone linked to a tutorial of hers, but didn't subscribe, I assume because her reading didn't speak to me. I found her nastiness in her post about Cass's blog so outrageously, unnecessarily unpleasant that I'm surprised she has any readers at all. We're here to read about knitting, not petty vitriol.

Does anyone else think we should all change the tagline to our blogs to "shut up, I'm counting" until KC backs off?

Updated to Add: KC has no deleted comments from people pointing out that she has no right to go after Cass, threatened to ban the person who was posting such things, posted herself claiming that she wasn't bullying Cass (read KC's post yourself and decide for ourself on that one) and put comments on moderation.

What. A. Jerk.

Updated Again to Add: Sorry for the repeated updates, but KC (aka Marilyn Roberts) has taken back her claim and apologized to Cass. She commented on Cass's blog that it was all because of her bipolar disorder acting up and she deleted the comments on her own blog because they were so nasty. As yet, she has not taken down the nasty comments about Cass in her own post. But since she's backed down, there's no longer any need to send her comments telling her to back off.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I guess it's a good thing that she's open about her bipolar disorder, but ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That whole thing was amazing (in a bad way) wasn't it. I love to read Cass's blog, she is so funny and her knitting is great. I am glad the KC decided to cool her jets a little about it, because she truly looked like an idiot.

    ReplyDelete

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!