Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tell Me I'm Not Imagining This

I remember these PSAs that ran on TV in the 70s warning  people to put non-slip decals on the bottom of their tub, or use a bathmat. Because you could slip on the soap, hit your head, your body would block the drain, filling the tub with water and you could drown. 

Right? Someone else saw these, right?

I was telling a friend of mine about it, suggesting that one of the characters in her novel in progress might have seen the public service announcement on TVm but neither one of us can find it online. Both the Google and the You Tube have let us down.

Does anyone else remember this? I'd really appreciate it if anyone could describe it in detail. Hell, the first person to send me a link to the actual commercial wins a prize of some sort.

While we're on the subject, what's your favorite 70s TV commercial. Here's a few of my faves I found while looking for the PSA. And one I don't remember, but features a young John Travolta taking a shower and singing about Safeguard soap. In the un-sexiest way possible.







1 comment:

  1. Strangely, I don't remember many commercials from the 70s, although I know I watched a fair amount of tv. I remember the Enjoli ad, the Norelco shaver ad from Christmas when Santa rides the shaver over the snow and the kids singing about Oscar Meyer bologna.

    ReplyDelete

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!