Monday, March 30, 2009

Close Encounters of the Knitterly Kind


This past Saturday, Annie & Co. Needlepoint & Knitting played host to the man, the myth, the legend, Franklin Habit. I was a complete dork about the entire thing, since I'd met Franklin over the phone, but never in person. But we had a lovely chat and I got my book signed and a lovely photo, compliments of Wendy, but you knew about the photo part since I put it all the way on the top there. I don't photograph well, and of course, a smitch of makeup might have helped, but I've made my peace with it. (That is, until the glorious day when I need to have an author photo taken, in which case, I'll be bringing a makeup artist and making them take so many shots that there will have to be one decent photo in the bunch.)

Along with reading, and signing, Franklin brought along the world's smallest trunk show: his 1840 Nightcap, which I totally got to try on and looked adorable in. I say this not to be vain, but in total surprise that I would look good in a nightcap, or any close fitting cap. I added it to my Ravelry queue as soon as I got home. I have an unusually large cabeza for a female, so I guess it makes sense that I would look good in a men's hat. I guess I'll be making all my hats following men's sizing from now on.

I have many FOs and 2 broken DPNs that I have attempted to fix with superglue drying on the desk right at this moment, oh, and another reunion story, but that whole novel thing is beckoning.

2 comments:

  1. Coo-el! You are so lucky! Definitely worth you dusting off the old blog again for a post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No picture of you and the hat? Maybe I'll take a trip over to Ravelry to see what the fuss is about.

    ReplyDelete

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!