Friday, September 18, 2009

When Bad Crochet Happens to Good People

Go look at this dress and then come back. I'd post a picture here, but it hurts my eyes.

That dress makes baby acrylics cry. If only it had been done in different shades of one color, it would've been a triumph for the fiber world. It could've shown that crochet has a place in couture. Granny squares have come so far since the 70s. Hey you non-knitters over there, stop snickering. You don't want to piss off someone who owns as many pointy sticks as I do.

The rest of that designer's collection appears to be less upsetting than that, but I can't be sure since their web design makes it damn near impossible to see the outfits. Bad web design makes me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!