Monday, July 12, 2010

Let's Recap, Shall We?

A week ago Saturday, the whole Crazy Old Bitch shoplifting episode.

Tuesday, was the fun trip to the Emergency Room.

Thursday was a trip to a new doctor was a regularly scheduled checkup. A doctor who runs her office on island time. When I made the appointment, I was told that she doesn't go by appointment times, but the sign in sheet since some people may need her longer than planned. I was not told that this would translate into a 2 hour wait to see the doctor.

Who discovered I had an infection I didn't know about and prescribed a single pill to take care of it.

A pill that gave me nausea and abdominal pain.

For 3 days.

But I had to leave the house on Friday to follow up with my internist about the leg thingy that sent me to the ER in the first place.

But there was Mr. Softee truck near the doctor's office when I went in, so I'd be able to get some well-needed protein and stomach-coating ice cream.

But I was running late, so I'd see Mr. Softee after my appointment.

Except that Mr. Softee didn't know that we had a date and left by the time I was finished. Because right outside Central Park on a hot day isn't a good place to sell ice cream. Or something.

Saturday--leg still hurts, stomach still troublesome, I wake up with a migraine and.......PINK EYE!

Any bets on what will go wrong with my body next? Since I'm feeling like Job, I'm guessing boils.

2 comments:

  1. Well this week seems to be getting better and better. Watch for black clouds that may be following you. Are you sure that the COB was not a which that put an evil spell on you over the eye cream episode?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lord....I hope no black cats cross your path as you are walking under a ladder with a broken mirror!

    ReplyDelete

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!