Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Disruption

That's what they call it when a pre-adoptive placement doesn't work out. And it didn't.

These things happen sometimes. To protect The Kid's privacy, I won't be discussing the details online. I may be discussing how I'm coping. I may not. We'll see. 

We're going to take a few months to recover and then start the whole process over again. 

It's been a little over two weeks now and since so many of my relatives have been hit hard by Sandy, we've been trying to process all this while helping with the cleanup. Which means that we haven't really been processing this. 

So this afternoon, I'll be making two pies, thus launching our first holiday season as not a family after all. My extended family is pulling together as awesomely as they always do in a crisis, so between the damaged houses, destroyed Christmas ornaments and soon to be restored heat and hot water, the rest of this year is likely to suck, but not as much as it could.

3 comments:

  1. Oh crap. So sorry for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to read this news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer. You guys deserve to have this work for you. Um, I mean that in a good, supportive way. :o)

    ReplyDelete

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!