Wednesday, January 16, 2013

That's Our Maura

Magazines Holy crap and half, someone I know has started a magazine. Not the paper kind, though. Maura Magazine is a app. A freaking app, y'all. Because we're living in the future. And before you start asking where the flying cars and jetpacks are, ask yourself this - people text, talk on the phone and put on makeup while driving, do we really need to add altitude to that scenario?

Maura Magazine is weekly, the first issue is free and awesome with the awesomeness. My favorite article in the first issue is founder Maura Johnston's essay about 9 to 5

So check it out. Subscriptions are $2.99 a month, $29.99 a year and it looks like back issues will be 99 cents, but you won't need to worry about that, because you're finding out about it now and not a year from now, so good for you!

I also have to say that I love the length (5 articles per issue) because my magazine rack runneth over embarrassingly. Oh, if I had $5 for every time I flipped to the reader letters in a magazine and realized that they referred to an issue I hadn't read yet because it was buried even deeper in the stack, well, I'd probably have enough to buy yet another pair of Doc Martens. But I don't, and I have enough Docs, so I guess that's OK.

***This is NOT a sponsored or compensated post. Maura didn't even ask me to write it. I just checked out the magazine and liked it, and decided to give it a post of its own rather than tack it on to another post because The Flying Spaghetti Monster only knows how long it'll take me to get my act together to write one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!