Monday, May 13, 2013

This Is Not How It Was Supposed To Be

Yesterday was supposed to be my first Mother's Day as a mother. It was not.

I wasn't depressed, because as Allie of Hyperbole and a Half so beautifully explained, depression is when the feeling are dead. Instead, I was feeling lots of feelings, in random order in varying intensity. The 24-hour crazies, if you will. 

So I spent the day rolling with it, knowing that it would pass. I communed with the couch and read some Buffy fan fiction, and don't even bother judging me because I know what some of you do for fun, so mutually assured embarrassment. 

I made his Awesomeness start watching Angel, now that we're done with Buffy--we laughed and said, "I'm Batman" every time he did anything Batman-like (brooded, brooded on top of a building, stepped off of a roof while wearing a long coat/cape). I mean, really, how did I not notice that Angel was so Batman the first time I watched this show?

I stayed off Facebook and Twitter, so if you posted anything of note there this weekend, put it in the comments, or I'm not going to know it.

And go read The Bloggess' Mother's Day post. So totally right on.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya. Oh how I hear ya. I loved seeing all the pics of people's moms from back in the day, but the rest was hard, especially since today was the day that my 2 week wait was up (nope, not pregnant). Those holidays are so hard for so many of us and yet when they're not hard for folks it's so easy to forget that. I used to always think about how hard mother's and father's day is for those who have lost a parent, but now I know that there are many other reasons for it to be hard. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!