Friday, June 14, 2013

Here, Have Some Thoughts

tire dragon
Photo credit: Guy
I'm really tired because I haven't been sleeping well. I'm on this new medicine to prevent migraines, which is doing an awesome job except for the dry cough that wakes me up several times a night. I got some tea from local apothecary that seems to help, so I hope to be rested and coherent soonish. Until then, here are some random things from my brain to yours.


  • Yes, there's an honest to God apothecary in my neighborhood. A block away from my apartment, along with several decent restaurants, a library, a food co-op and an acupuncturist/yoga studio. Totes worth the loud guy upstairs.
  • A week or so ago, io9.com had a post asking what sci fi movie your friends have talked you out of liking. Fuck all y'all, I still like the Matrix sequels. I don't care if that proves I have the worst taste ever. Some people are Mets fans, so I am totally allowed to like the second and third Matrix movies.
  • And while we're on the subject, I don't like Portlandia. Did not think it was funny at all.
  • However, I still believe that if you don't like Flight of the Conchords or The Middleman, then there is something seriously wrong with you.
  • We got garlic scapes in our first CSA haul of the season, so I used them to make white bean dip. They're so strong that I swear I saw cartoon smell lines coming out of my mouth.
  • That picture up there? That showed up when I searched Flickr Creative Commons for "tired." When I tried "sleepy," I got a bunch of sleepy kittens and puppies and that's so not my bag, so you get a tire dragon.
Any thoughts inspired by my random, sleep-deprvied thoughts? Leave 'em in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!