Sunday, August 18, 2013

Hulk Smash Heat and Boundaries of Fictional Universes

MEANWHILE...HULK BEAT HEAT !!
Photo credit: ROB JAN
Today's prompt is: Your favorite ways to beat the heat.

Now, I've already said that you'll find me anyplace that has air conditioning in the summer. But our last apartment didn't have AC in the living room, and neither did my home office. And before we moved my home office to right next to the air conditioner, it was kinda hot in there, even with the cross breeze.

So what did I do?

While I was working, I put my feet in a basin of water. Sometimes, I'd add one of those freezer packs for lunch boxes. Because I'm classy that way.

I described this to one of my co-workers at the time, and she said it reminded her of Alice Kramden, which I totally get.

But you don't come to me for tips of staying cool. Heck, the weather in NYC this August has been delightfully comfortable. Which is a major relief because when the July heatwave was making it feel like a typical August, I was bracing myself for something ridiculously brutal. I didn't know if I was going to be shut up in AC all month, or working with my laptop set on my parents' deck while I typed, immersed in the pool (which sounds like a really fast way to wreck a laptop, so it's a good thing that didn't happen). 

Speaking of more interesting matters, did anyone else see the Phineas and Ferb/Marvel crossover episode? I swear, when HA told me about it, I thought he was messing with me. But since Disney owns everything, this is what we get now. It was as awesome as it was weird. And yes, they're working on a Phineas and Ferb/Star Wars crossover too.

Me? I'm hoping for a Phineas and Ferb/Once Upon a Time crossover. Because that would be hilarious. In fact, I may need to drop everything and spend the day writing some fan fiction. Can't you just imagine it? Science and engineering meets magic. Candace discussing trying to bust her brothers with the Evil Queen? The possibilities for hilarity are endless. 

What random crossover would you make happen if you could?


Blogging Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!