Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Mellowest Vacation Ever

Marblehead Massachusetts
Photo credit: 6SN7
Today's prompt is: What is your favorite place to visit in the Northeast?

This is tough one because most of my traveling has been outside of the Northeast. Also, we're almost two weeks into this blog every day thing and the few of us who are still going strong are probably answering each and every prompt in their minds with, "I don't know. Why did I think I could do this? Pass the limeade." 

Or maybe that's just me.

I'm going to go with beautiful Marblehead, Massachusetts. I've only been there a couple of times, to visit a friend who no longer lives there. One time, we hung out and probably went dancing. Another time, I attended her backyard wedding, which was actually one of my most relaxing vacations ever. 

Because I didn't have to do anything but hang out. I went to some family dinners, chatted with her cousins, explained to someone that the bride's half-sister was deaf (and not ignoring her), and just generally stayed calm whenever my friend freaked out because she couldn't remember where her gloves were.

The next door neighbor went away so there would be more room for us out-of-town guests. I went for a walk with her cousins down by the water and got soaked by the crashing waves and it was awesome. For one of the courses at the reception, we ran short of plates, so I shared a plate with my friend's uncle.

For the people more closely connected to the wedding, I'm sure this weekend was incredibly stressful. Her parents re-did the entire backyard and cooked most of the food themselves. But for me, I was just there to go where I was told, and to roll with whatever came at me. It's what every long weekend away should be.

Where is your favorite place to visit?
Blogging Challenge

4 comments:

  1. The Jersey Shore is my favorite place to visit hands down.

    I've driven through Marblehead once. Beautiful town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to the Jersey Shore except during the off season (film festival). It's so close that I really should check it out one of these years.

      Delete
  2. that wedding sounds great! I'm going to finish this challenge, even if you guys start getting posts like.... "ask again later"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this challenge is totally kicking my ass. I signed up thinking I'd skip days if I wasn't feeling the prompt, but I'm too much of a completest for that.

      Delete

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!