Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Jenifesto

smile
Photo credit: the_moment
I've taken up the August Blogging Challenge from the North East Bloggers Network, which means that I'll be trying to post every damn day this month. Good luck to us all because that might be too much Jen, even for me. But we'll see. 

Today's prompt is to introduce myself. Since I don't want to bore my regular readers, I've decided to take this chance to put out a sort of personal manifesto. A Jenifesto, if you will. And if you won't, I will anyway, so just roll with it.

So hi, I'm Jen. I write stuff. I used to be a techie. Now I'm not. 

Some manifesto, huh? I'm really setting the world on fire here.

What do I stand for? Well, I'm a raging liberal, but I'm not especially active in activism. I worked on the Howard Dean campaign, so I'm dead inside now.

My husband and I own 7 tall bookcases and 3 short ones, and it's still not enough. The dream home will include a library, and at least one wall with a secret panel that rotates like on Scooby Doo. 

Whenever someone tells me that they love holding and smelling books too much to even imagine using an e-reader, I just hand them my Kindle. Then they marvel at how light it is and shut up about the sentimental crap. Also? That book smell is partially dust and mildew, which is hell on the allergies.

I love how my fingernails look with polish, but they chip pretty easily, and I have knitting and stuff to do, so I go through cycles of doing my nails, then not for months. My toe nails are almost always painted, though. I used to have cute toes, and I'm not going to let them down now. Also, they don't chip as quickly. I've even been known to clip my toenails with polish still on them because I can't manage to get my shit together enough for a pedicure.

Feel free to judge me. You do gross stuff too.

So what do you want to know about me? Ask in the comments.


Blogging Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I love what you said about book smell. As a former bookseller, I wanted to punch people in the face when they would tell me that as I was trying to sell them a nook. I LOVE my nook, by the way. Also, if we could bottle "old book smell" and sell it as perfume, we would be rich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love an entire wall of built in bookshelves... amazing!

    ReplyDelete

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!