Monday, November 24, 2014

Marital Discussion: Spirit Cheese

Do you have any idea how hard it is
 to find a compelling picture of cheese?
The Scene: I've been binge watching How I Met Your Mother during migraines that have been so painful that I can't bear to watch anything I haven't seen before. (I like to have something to distract me from the pain. Hiding in a quiet, darkened room leads to begging for death.)  The other day, I had a doozy of a migraine and decided to take a nap in the hopes of waking up all better (which totally didn't happen, but whatevs.) As is our custom, His Awesomeness tucked me in.

Me: Tell me a story.

Him: Once upon a time, there was a Jen and she went down to MacLaren's Pub to hang out with 5 people in their 20s who were learning life lessons. Ted was saying that "Barney Stinson" sounded like "Stilton" and that they all had a spirit cheese. [like a spirit animal, but cheese]

Me: Was Ted Mosby's spirit cheese Colby?

Him: No, Colby is Robin's spirit cheese because she looks so much like that actress Cobie Smulders. Ted's was blue cheese.

Me: Because he's an acquired taste?

Him: Yes. (Also, according to a post on Bustle about what your fave cheese says about your love life, liking blue cheese means you're marriage crazy.) Marshalls' was Wisconsin Cheddar, of course, and Lily's was cream cheese.

Me: Not New York Cheddar?

Him: No. She's the schmear that holds the group's bagel together.

For the record, HA says that my spirit cheese is brie because I like it so much and his is Wensleydale (which he's maybe eaten once because he heard about it in Wallace and Gromit).

My nap lasted 2 whole hours, which proves the power of cheese-based bedtime stories.

What's your spirit cheese?

2 comments:

  1. Mine is muenster, 'cause its an American cheese and sounds like monster.

    ReplyDelete

All the cool kids are commenting. Give it a try, it's fun!